View Single Post
      09-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #51
spoolinX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Checking in after almost 6 months. Everything on my set is perfect. The only concern I have is that the "squirrel finder" (Tinted Blue cut-off line at the top of the beam) is quite pronounced. It is a very sharp line. I notice that as my car naturally dips over bumps and potholes, my headlights sort of "Jitter" on street signs down the road because that cut-off is so focused. Kind of cool, but sort of annoying. My wife's Jeep feathers that cut-off quite a bit more. I've heard from a couple different sources that the pronounced cut-off is desirable overseas, and is a sign of a luxury vehicle with a more expensive and focused beam. Not sure if that is true.

My wife has been driving in front of me and she said that the light projected from my headlights is very distracting from a distance because it is nothing but a rainbow of color in her rear view mirror (Prismatic effect from the curved edges of the projector glass) and also the lights seem to "Flicker" as she travels in and out of my headlights line of sight. This again, I think, has to do with the very sharp cut-off line. Either the light is being projected on you, or it's not. There's no in between.

Any comments on these issues from your perspective, Njerts?
Appreciate 0