05-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock96 View Post
Well, when I bought my CPO X1 35i, it was a little orange fireball sitting in a sea of white, black and grey on the lot.

I think the X1 is a great choice, but not everyone wants a small pseudo SUV/wagon. Personally I love wagons and have owned a bunch over the years.

But wagon's have been a harder sell here in the US than in Europe. Mine is an X Line and will get a small slew of mods going forward.

I don't think the X1 is unpopular, it is just one of many BMW buying options available. The price is very attractive for what you get, but someone who pulls into a BMW dealer usually has more $$ to spend than the X1 requires.

Me, I didn't have the bucks that a BMW requires and I didn't expect to find anything on the lot. The X1 wasn't on my radar at all but there ya go!

Here in Olympia, there are 2 others that I have seen. A white and a metallic bronze. Both driven by middle aged women. Sigh...I have a chick car...
Same thing on this side of the state. A couple of points the OP made give the wrong impression, I believe. BMW sales are really spotty, and the X1's great value is offset by the guys that buy/lease the ones loaded with options. The price quickly balloons to near $50k with the popular M pkg /tech stuff. It's a pretty piss-poor $50k rig, IMO. Thin, tinny doors, rattles and squeeks, which are surprising on a rigid feeling car, make it feel cheap. I also think the optional "Nevada" leather upholstery is cheap feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but not at anywhere near the retail price.
Appreciate 0