View Single Post
      07-06-2023, 04:08 AM   #83
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
This is a photo of my entire current LP collection. My self-designed cabinet that I had made in the Philippines in 1982 had double this amount of LP storage and I think it was pretty full. (I also have 150 or so 45-rpm singles not stored in the cabinet.) The other LP storage in the cabinet is currently CD box sets and is full.

Later in 1982 I moved from the Philippines to Hawaii; when I arrived I discovered that one of the boxes of LPs had gotten wet and turned into a solid mass of mildew I put in a claim and got 50 cents on the dollar for the loss. If memory serves, that was one-third of my LP collection. But I was also into open-reel tape and had most of it on tape, so mostly did not replace the LPs.

Fast forward to about 2002-2003 and I was preparing for the move from Maryland to Oregon and had a monster yard sale, including many records. It's been 20+ years, so my memory is slightly fuzzy, but I don't think I sold very many LPs.

After arrival in Oregon, I did not unpack the records, but stored them in two cardboard boxes in more or less random order. Finally, after 20 years, I unpacked them this year, organized them and put them in the cabinet. But then I think wait a minute, what about such-and-such album? Where is that? Surely I didn't sell that at the yard sale! It's as if there is one box missing, but I've looked everywhere I can think of. It's a mystery -- maybe member Nazali has knowledge of some alien LP abductions? I do enjoy breaking out the vinyl every now and then, but am not about to buy any more LPs. It is what it is, I guess.
Attached Images

ShopVac4106.00