07-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #80
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My daughter got her learners permit as allowed here at 15. She only drove with us in the car. When she started talking about being able to drive by herself...I asked whose car you plan on driving?

I did tell her that whatever she saved up for buying a car (She has always had a job since she was old enough), I would match it so at 16yo...she bought a Lime Green Bug.

She beat the shit out of that car. About 3 years later she was ready to finance one and start building her credit....I said I only want you to remember one thing.

Driving around a dented car that you are making payments on really sucks. She took a lot better care of that one!
I got my license when I was 15 and 4 days old. No such thing as a learners permit back then, and you had to be 15 to drive. Few days of quick lessons, and I was unleashed on the world with a full license.

I had been riding motorcycles since I was 8, and tractors from about the same age. Had a gas powered go-kart prior to that. Drove cars on the farm since I was about 12, So I wasn't exactly new at handling vehicles with a clutch etc.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00