View Single Post
      08-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #104
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
All good points Apex, unfortunately at the time I bought and had the H&R installed the only game in town was the stock shocks or go all out with coilovers, which I didn't want to do. Others had posted positive results, so I went the H&R way. Have I regretted the H&R? Not in the least, still a great improvement over the stock setup in 90% of the driving I do. The bouncing symptoms are there, but fortunately there are very few spots around here that bring it out. But when it bounces....watch out! B6s will be my next mod for the X1....

Haha, I hear you. No regrets either. Honestly, I'd run them over stock even if we couldn't get any shocks, at least until the stockers really wore out.

I've had KWs on a few of my cars in the past, but from what I was seeing, if you went that route, you were going much lower than I wanted to ride-height wise, without an option to adjust it back up.

I'd love something with standard size 2.5" Eibach, etc. springs where we could set everything up to our liking.

IMHO...someone should just made a cheap sleeve kit so any E90 coilover/strut could easily be fit.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0