View Single Post
      06-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #20
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I enjoy cars as much as the average enthusiast. But when people talk about emotional attachment with cars, yes, I do have some emotional attachment to many of the vehicles I own/have owned. But what goes hand in hand with this vehicle emotion is my emotional attachment to my money. What keeps me in check is I don't like flushing money down the toilet swapping cars frequently because I didn't make sure the purchase I made was really something I wanted.

The 94 Camaro Z28 was the oldest car I've owned before letting it go when I bought my 2013 135i. Now the oldest vehicle I own is actually a motorcycle, 2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. I've thought about replacing the bike with something else, but those thoughts only go through my head for a few minutes and I move on with life. I have given some serious thoughts of getting rid of my 2009 Ducati 848 in favor of a BMW S1000RR. The RR I've had extensive track time with and it just suits my riding style more than the 848 even after dumping about $5k in upgrades to the 848. But as I said, my love affair with money pretty much squashes that idea as I don't hate the 848 enough to take on another depreciating asset.
Appreciate 0