View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 06:59 AM   #2458
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9213 View Post
Are you guys actually seeing benefits from supplements? I'm built a bit different from most, naturally build muscle easily...I've tried months of creatine which did nothing but added water weight and made me look soft...then months of protein...did nothing at all...and then I've gone entire months with absolutely nothing aside from my normal diet and build significant strength while overall mass/weight has improved. BCAA's...maybe help recovery? I dunno...my back hurts all the time so the only thing that helps there I've found is Celebrex (Don't laugh it actually works!)

Aside from preworkout which is a must for my 430am workouts, I've found everything else to be a waste of money.
Are you under the constant care of a physician? Did your doctor prescribed Celebrex explicitly for your back pain? Are you having blood work done to monitor things?

Why I'm bringing this up is because I was using Celebrex. Not for arthritic or pain issues. There have been some discussion for cancer treatment that aspirin has benefits. Celebrex falls into a similar category as aspirin in how it works on tumor cell receptors making chemo more effective. Well that's the theory. There was a clinical trial where patients were studied using Celebrex along with FOLFOX6 to see if there was any benefit.

I got onto Celebrex when I went on chemo. Because I was having my blood drawn frequently for testing, my doc was able to see my liver enzymes shoot up. I had to be pulled off of Celebrex because of the potential liver damage. I was only on it for 2 weeks or so. It sucked because my insurance wouldn't cover my use of Celebrex for cancer treatment so I had to pay $368 for a month and half supply of the drug; ending up flushing that $368 down the toilet. Plus who knows what the long term benefits would have been had I was able to stay on it.

Just giving this as a friendly warning as your situation is different than mine along with your dosage is probably different. But make sure you check into having a liver function test done if one hasn't been done for you yet.
Appreciate 0