Thread: New E84 Owner
View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
dewey4262
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 28i

New E84 Owner

I have been lurking these forums for the last few months after my purchase of a 2015 X1 28i Msport and thought I would introduce myself. I decided to trade in my CT200H for the X1 after finding out that I had a baby on the way. Previously I had owned an E92 and wanted to rejoin the BMW fray. I have owned a lot of different cars (e.g. TL, IS-F, 335i, Abarth) and BMW driving dynamics have always been the best in my opinion, thus my choice to return to one. I really wanted to pick up a 35i but with my wife’s Cayenne S already guzzling gas and our long work commutes we needed at least one semi-efficient car. Anyways I picked up the car with only 14k miles and hope it will last me a little while. It has a 6/15 build date so I am hoping timing chain guide issues were rectified by then. It has Black Interior and all the options save for heated seats (kind of a bummer).

Shortly after buying the car the mod bug bit me as it always does and I added: black grills, Sgear charge pipes, JB4, VRSF Catless Downpipe with a Flow Master High Flow Cat welded into the mid-pipe, and H&R springs with Bilstein shocks.

Recently, I found a great deal locally on some Style 94 wheels so picked those up with some new tires to get rid of the RFTs. The stock style 355M wheels that came with the car had been powder coated black and were not my preference. In case anyone is interested I am running 255/40/18 square tires on the 18x8 wheels with 24 offsets. I had already bought new tires for the stock staggered wheels and thus went with the 255 square set up to at least be able to salvage the two new rear tires I had already bought for the stock wheels. The Sumitomo tires I bought run quite narrow so it works. Currently, I am running 15mm spacers all around, as that is what I had on the stock wheels, but I not sure how a feel about them yet. I think they might protrude a little too much

Anyways that was a long intro but here are some pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by dewey4262; 07-17-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 2