06-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #55
AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigO View Post
Thanks for the tips. Holding the button longer definitely helps. Contacted AVIN and they are going to send me a new controller, so that's a plus. Skipping on CarPlay seems less severe (though still present) when turning off bluetooth. Could very well be the 3rd party dongle.

Had a question about your install. When I installed my unit, it was very difficult to remove the AC controls. In the 4x4 canada shop install video I watched, the way they removed the trim piece that holds the external cup holder isn't possible on my 2015 X1. I ended up having to angle the AC unit and yank it out (which was very sketchy and I definitely do not recommend). I didn't break anything (at least I don't think I did...) but would like to avoid doing that again if I ever need to remove the unit. Did you have an easier way of removing the AC controls?
big0,

I honestly don't have a better way from what I can remember during my install. I also had a couple times I was nervous about breaking some of the plastic pieces during install/removal, however I none fell apart on me.

Good Luck!

AK_Wes
Appreciate 0