06-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #53
AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigO View Post
I recently purchased the Avin unit with idrive controller for my 2015 X1, as well as a carplay dongle separately from amazon. Couple issues i'm having...

First, the Avin idrive controller knob will sometimes get stuck after pressing it. To get it unstuck, I have to turn the knob. Also, the buttons on the controller often don't work on first press. Anyone have these issues? May just be a faulty unit..

Second, when using carplay there is some audio skipping every 15 seconds or so (used both Spotify and apple music app). Anyone know how to fix this?
Sounds like you may have a faulty controller knob. I haven't had that issue myself. Sometimes I have to hold a button down for a half a second to a second rather than giving ita quick tap, give that a shot and see if it makes a difference.

I bought my Carplay dongle directly from Avin and it can get firmware updates directly from the app. You may have issues with a 3rd party Carplay dongle.... Maybe try either turning off bluetooth or disconnecting bluetooth entirely on your phone to see if that fixes the audio skipping problem though.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0