View Single Post
      06-02-2019, 04:51 AM   #34
GTwice
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4 3.0si / F87 M2

Hey, great idea, I'm just hunting for a perfect-for-me E92 and this seems like a really helpful. Great job so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupsaiden View Post
No, it can't really tell. Thing is, we're actually not aware what options are available to each car. The numbers I show right now are gathered from best equipped seen so far and not from somewhere like BMW database. So it is possible, that for rare cars, you may be 35/35 and get a 10.0 score, since you're the only car in our database, even though there might be other cars out there with 80 options equipped.

And to show the list of missing features, it's really a hard task. That's because one feature might block another, so you can't show it as missing.
For example, if you chose 19inch wheels, in theory, you will be missing options for 20ish wheels and probably a lot more, but in reality, you can't equip a car with 24 sets of wheels, can you? Same goes with other options, and it's really a challange know what exactly is possible to given car from the data sources I'm using.
And what are the datasources you're using? I've been wondering the same about all online BMW VIN decoders - are you querying some official BMW database/sever one by one? It would be interesting for example to be able to specify your perfect car (select body style/engine/color/option combination) and then search how many were actually made in that spec -> what are the chances of actually finding one. But that would require access to the whole database, wouldn't it?
Appreciate 0