View Single Post
      05-04-2019, 07:05 AM   #108
megillet
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subguy View Post
Pirelli P Zero All Season 245/40-19 up front and 275/35-19 in the rear. Stock 225M wheels.
Only had them on for a couple of days, no rubbing or poking out. Stock suspension.

Review:

So far so good. Going from the run flats this is a much better ride and quieter too. There is a little less feel in the turn in (I don't know the term), not quite a sharp I guess. The choice was these or the Michelin ultra HP all season. What I read and was told was that the Pirelli was quieter and the Michelin was better turn in response. Going wider in the front I knew I would lose a little in the turn in but I hoped that the quality of the Pirellis would offset that... not quite.

In hind sight, I don't know maybe the Michelin's noise (very little) would have been acceptable but this is my daily driver and I rarely do spirited driving so... I still don't know. (I have a Dinan tune btw).

Overall I am very happy. These look perfect on the car. I was afraid that they would barely fit on the rim and look silly but they look stock imo. I will probably try the Michelin next time but hopefully that won't be for a couple of years.

Anyway just wanted to post and tell people they CAN get a little wider and better cushioning from their stock wheels (these are 7mm taller radius and 14 overall diameter so not much, I hope this helps with all of the construction in Northern VA rt66).

.53% diff front to rear. no errors or anything like that so far.

All of the pics are of the rear... front looks similar.

What do you guys think?

Bob
Looks sharp. The slightly different sizes than stock shouldn’t pose any problems. I had done the same thing on my previous 128i.
Appreciate 0