AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzracer View Post
Hey Wes,
Bought basically same system from AliExpress as well and once I finally figured out install (lots of bruised knuckles and patience needed!), I am super happy with CarPay like you. I do have a couple of issues I haven't figured out yet, and wonder if you've experienced same:
• Power to factory audio shuts off after 20 minutes regularly, so I have to turn it on again to power Android. It's got me stymied because one of the two purple wires in the Android wiring harness doesn't have anywhere to plug in, and CAN A, CAN B aren't identified. I haven't been able to get any instructions either
• I haven't figured out how to switch displays either, not seeing NBT EVO ID5 as an option.
I really appreciate any insights you may have since you've installed basically the same system.
Hmmmmmm...... You might have a bad unit if it keeps powering off while driving. There are some apps that have given me trouble and reboot at time, but I have never had the whole "tablet" or android unit power cycle.

Post up or send me a pic of the CAN A and CAN B connections you are talking about. I might be able to help on those.

Not sure on the display switching.... If need be I can take some photos of my settings, if you think they might help.

Good Luck.

Wes
Appreciate 0