View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I rarely get tailgated. If I do, it's usually a cop or some stupid teenager doing what I did when I was a teenager...being stupid. I tend to ride the line between driving safely (always use turn signals, always keep 2 car lengths between myself and the car in front of me, etc.) and driving like demon with his balls on fire. I tend to show people the same respect that I would want given to me while driving: I'm just trying to get out of everyone else's way, while still trying to get where I'm going, as quickly as possible.

This does not mean that I still don't do stupid shit on occasion. Last week an empty school bus pulls into the lane that I'm already in expecting me to stop to they can enter. I was in the left lane. I didn't break my speed and simply moved into the right lane and went around the bus. This caused me to get tailgated by an officer who apparently thought I was passing a school bus in the right lane. I expected to get pulled over but I'm guessing he ran my tags & saw that I have a squeaky clean record. The police here would much rather pull someone over that has priors. Makes their job easier; killing two birds with one stone sort of thing.
Appreciate 1