Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xdrive 28i M Sport

X1 xDrive 28i Sprint Booster installation & review

Tools and materials needed:

1 Sprint Booster module interface
T30 Torx screw driver
small and thin flat head screw driver

First disassemble throttle pedal assembly by unscrewing the screw (T30 Torx) in front lower of the pedal hidden by a round plastic cap where you need the small flat head screw driver to take it off to expose the Torx screw. Then you should feel the whole pedal assembly loose and you need to pull the whole thing upwards to come off from the floor. Lay it sideways and you should see a plastic connector all the way on the back and you should pinch both sides (locks) of the connector with your finger and at the same time pull the connector away from the assembly. Never pull the wire!! When it's tough or having a tough time cause connector won't give, try while pressing the locks on both sides with fingers, work the connector slowly around the edge with the flat head screw driver to pull it away from the housing. Took me a couple of tries before it starts pulling away. Once you got the OEM connector disconnected, the Sprint Booster is simply just a plug and play by connecting it in between. Before putting everything back, start up the vehicle and see if the Sprint Booster is working by pressing on the gas pedal with hand and you should be able to feel if it's working. Now connect the switch that came with the module. I chose a location where it's not easily seen by anyone but easy enough for the driver to reach it when it's needed to be changed (see picture below). Now put everything back together and enjoy driving with the very responsive throttle actions!!

Review and comments:
I have been driving the X1 with the Sprint Booster on most of the times on racing mode (red light) and occasionally on highway driving with sport mode (green light) for the last two weeks. I just can't say it more than enough how this simple and small module mod changed the way my X1 drives now. No more throttle lag!!! As soon as you step on the pedal the car takes off, yes no more 1 second delay on the throttle response. Just because of this mod, my X1 feels really like the ultimate driving machine and so much fun to drive now Yes the module cost $300 but it's worth it. In my opinion, this should be the very first thing you should do to your X1 before doing anything else. Yes, your MPG should drop a little (maybe around 2 MPG) but hey, if you can buy a BMW, what is a small drop on MPG in exchange for a much better driving experience. It's a give and take I'm willing to take anytime!!

Last edited by Nova Rounder; 05-12-2015 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 1