austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015
That looks so great!! Good job!
Any noticeable difference in ride height? Can you feel the extra weight on acceleration, braking, etc.? Are the wheels direct bolt on? Any rubbing?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm thinking the same set up.
The place I got them had done this same setup once before and assured me it would work. It looks amaZing. Feels like an official "X" car and not just the cheapest bimmer.

PM me if you'd like for the info on where I got it. The price was good with name brand tires (Hankook V12) but with an Achilles, Nexen or a Nankang, something like that, you could likely save about $350.

Tire height difference is approximately .7", and that equates to .35" ride height increase. However small, you can feel it in a good way. I feel a slightly more commanding position. And at the same time the wheel wells are filled out. Brilliant!!

Ride comfort is surprisingly unchanged. It is a supple tire I bought, but I've had the identical sizes on my E90 using an Achilles ATR Sport tire and it was also very quiet. That might be more of a tire review than a wheel size increase review. But the 19's are great comfort with the 40 sidewall up front and huge 275/35 out back. Only .2" smaller sidewall than it had with the 18's.

The cornering feels different. It doesn't wait a second to respond. It's responsive the way a sport package bimmer ought to be. It took a few miles to get used to it but now I love it. My wife text me when she got to work thanking me for the setup.

Interestingly we installed the JB N20/N26 stage 1 tuner at the same time, so it feels much faster. Not sure how it would've felt on the stock tires and wheels.

I'm so in love with this setup. If this is how the M-Sport looked I would've sprung for it originally.
Appreciate 0