View Single Post
      09-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #153
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
So you'd prefer symbolic patriotism over $100's of millions going to help the sick and needy? Sure it'd be nice to have both, but which do you think actually helps more Americans? You're letting a small minority of NFL players' actions over-shadow the fantastic things that the NFL as a whole does for this country.
Not trying to make this a personal attack but to me patriotism is never just symbolic. I think you would have to read back through all my posts and likes to get my true feelings on the subject but I hope you are not that bored

Anyway, I have WAY too many friends in the ground that came home under flag dropped coffins. I've been there on the tarmac to welcome them home and it is gut wrenching! My mother doesn't have one only because I got lucky! I can't support anyone that doesn't respect the flag period. The NFL will not see any more of my money! I even stand and take my hat off in the house with no one watching . Does the NFL do good? Sure, but a few good apples doesn't make it OK. Just as a few bad cops doesn't make every cop bad. Or pigs as I've seen us called in several threads.

The solution I thought of is simple. If the NFL or some of its players don't respect the flag or national anthem just stop playing it. I'm OK with that!
Appreciate 0