View Single Post
      06-10-2022, 09:42 AM   #5
BimaXking
Coast Guard
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon110334 View Post
I recently (ish) bought a 2014 X1 X28i and I spilled some water in the back area and got two control modules wet.

One was the park assist module, and the other was the backup camera control module. Almost immediately I trip a code for the parking assist, visually inspect it and realize it's toast, but the backup camera control module looks fine.

I replace the park assist module, and my park assist comes back on, but no backup camera. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've even replaced the backup camera control module, still no backup camera.

It seems like there may be some settings that were reset as part of the park assist module replacement. Has anyone run into this issue before, and do you possibly have a course of action?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon110334 View Post
I recently (ish) bought a 2014 X1 X28i and I spilled some water in the back area and got two control modules wet.

One was the park assist module, and the other was the backup camera control module. Almost immediately I trip a code for the parking assist, visually inspect it and realize it's toast, but the backup camera control module looks fine.

I replace the park assist module, and my park assist comes back on, but no backup camera. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've even replaced the backup camera control module, still no backup camera.

It seems like there may be some settings that were reset as part of the park assist module replacement. Has anyone run into this issue before, and do you possibly have a course of action?
The park assist replacement should be the cause of it
Appreciate 1