View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 04:56 AM   #35
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
So I will relay my experience after watching Rocket from the Guardians of the Galaxy video. First, the reason they don’t let just any person have access to the T2 chip is for security reasons. It’s unfortunately a double edged sword. I’d rather not let anyone have access to that data.

On the reliability part, I can say the Macs and iMacs we have in service at work far surpasses as far as lifecycle compared to a Windows device. We routinely have had Mac hit 8-10 years of usability in a variety of environments whereas I have only seen a handful of Windows machines limp along to make it to 5 or so years with some midlife cycle updates like more RAM or SSDs. So when a user requests a Mac and a manager complains about the cost, we can tell them it will likely last twice as long and if the employee leaves it can be passed on to someone else. The only Windows computer that seems to deviate from the trend is the Microsoft Surface line and we’ve seen very few returns. I’ve seen a bulging battery issue on a couple, that’s it. I have slowly converted to Mac at home too. When I need Windows, I run a VM.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615436.50
ASAP10187.50