04-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I think there are plenty of M-Sport X1s at the dealers - the ones that came without paddle shifters.
There's 3 at my local dealership if anyone wants one. I drove one but didn't buy, no paddles in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I believe the choice to not put a stiffer suspension on the Sport line was a sensible one. I've seen people here complain about the standard suspension being stiff; apparently they desire comfort, and would have been ill-served with even harder suspension. Those who go for M-Sport are those who are willing to give up some comfort for handling.
I'm sorry guys, there's just not that much difference in the M Sport model. It's slightly lower, has an increased speed limiter, and it's supposed to have a tighter suspension with some different body parts. That's it. I drove an MSport and didn't really feel that much different than my Sport model, which is why I had no issue getting one.
Any "Sport" line from any car maker is supposed to have a stiffer suspension. If a person buys a "Sport" version of any car and then complains the ride is stiff they should be beat with a Prius stick. Of course it's stiff and rides a bit rough, that's why it's called Sport (or MSport)

Personally I think the big difference between the M Sport model and the others should be the M Sport comes with the Dinan tune installed. Then it truly would be different and have better performance than the other models.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0