View Single Post
      03-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #65
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
So, what your saying is that, when I make 1 mil plus/year I can afford it? Or do you mean once I have a million dollars cash?

I mean, I just got a raise and I have like 500k in the bank, and I wanted to make sure that the e90 experts here at e90 post thought I was making the right financial decision. I just don't want to screw it up when you guys would have filled me in on the socioeconomic status/income/ which BMW to buy Ratio.

Another question, is it worth paying cash for a car vs. leasing so that I don't have to write a check each month? Considering I make 327/hour based on a 40hour week, that's about 5.45/minute. If I spend 10 minutes/month writing a check thats 54.50 lost, Which is great enough to offset the savings in leasing vs cash. Do you all concur?

Maybe you could post your feedback, as far as your income/which BMW ratio is and why.................
No silly, if you are leasing and can't find the time to right the check, (because you are too busy posting these profound questions in this forum), simply set up automatic bill pay. Its fast and easy. Just stick a million in your checking account to cover all your bills, and set them up for auto payment. Its quick and simple. And make sure you put away a few million in your savings account for emergencies, and retirement. Also have a backup plan just in case you lose your job. However if you aren't even making a million a year, it is going to take you a few years to accomplish some of those goals. So you should probably wait before spending money so lavishly on a 335i. Especially after taxes, if could be a few years before you are comfortably in a position to make such an important purchase decision.
Appreciate 0