03-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #145
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I was discontent with my last job. There were no repercussion for the actions of those around me. Worked there for almost 3 yrs. One guy, I didn't see him do any work since I started. He was banned from certain facilities. He would go on travel and not come home for numerous days after the task had been complete. Whenever he was reprimanded he would just pull the race card. Other guy sat directly across from me. Constantly sleeping on the job. Meanwhile I was busting my ass and getting paid less then them with schedule based raises rather then merit. Made a solid salary, more vacation then I knew what to do with, and my boss was great. But being around people like that knowing that I could literally do nothing and continue to get raises was disheartening.

Now with the new job I work probably 30% more. Roughly 50-60hrs a week vs 40hrs at the last job. But I am overall much more content here. Way more stressful, but I seem to thrive off stress. I tell our president to constantly keep throwing work at me or else I'll get bored since I motor through tasks. When I asked about vacation he just said "take as much as you want, but not too much" still trying to figure that one out haha. But I'm now upper management and learning an entire different side of the business. Although since we are a small business so we wear a lot of different hats which is fun for me. Get to wear my project manager, program manager, mechanical engineer, welding engineer, and electrical engineer hat each and every day, having a blast thus far!
Your new job sounds like my current job. I'm the same way, I need to have multiple projects going on and my day pretty much scheduled.

My wife says I don't know how to relax. But I have to be doing something....or I feel like somethings off.