01-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
If you’re being paid $210/KWh for SRECs, that is quite a subsidy. Since you can afford $38k, you are able get a subsidy for the solar investment. Your less fortunate/wealthy neighbors, who don’t have the up front, get to pay for that subsidy. No free lunch, system wide. (This is also my complaint about subsidies for electric vehicles: financial benefits go mostly to the high-earners/wealthy)

Price of energy can be seen at PJM’s web site. Running in the high teens; so you can calculate the actual subsidy. https://pjm.com/

What are you paying for grid connection and non-sunny power (night, cloudy days)?

You might look at your pool equipment to see if a timer for the pump would make sense, assuming you don’t already have one. Most pools need 8-12 hours of filtering/day, and the pump is a big electric user, so it can make sense to do this. Otherwise, I don’t understand your bill being so high consistently.

Actually I pay the same taxes as they do, and furthermore my taxes may even go up from pulling permits. Lastly, I'm financing the system, so really my neighbors just need to have decent credit in reality and can do the same....

its $210.00 per 1000kw produced

Also why pay a provider for something and be dependent on them. Their cost will only go up over time. Mine will go down. I mean logically think about it.