12-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #40
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
Definitely noted. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ are quite grippy so I may have to look into other stiffening options to avoid too much body roll.

Which camber plates are you adding? I may go with the Turner adjustables otherwise the Dinan's but they're not adjustable.

I think I may end up going this route if it can be angled parallel to the hatch glass. They said they can but I've emailed them to see what they can do for lift options too. They seem willing to build just about anything lol. I'll let you know what they say.

I agree, the Crosstrek XV is definitely the Japanese cousin. I used to own a first gen CR-V and noticed many people nowadays are cutting up the fenderwells a lot to get the lift and tires they want.

Only a matter of time before the X1 is next. The oil cooler in the passenger wheel well is my only concern because the bracket and oil plumbing doesnt move much.

edit - this one looks the best for my intended purposes but its definitely the priciest lol.

https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate/
Haven't decided on camber plates. These A/T tires wear so slow I may not even spend the money on them, others have reported around 40-50k miles IIRC. Uneven wear + flipping tires so the worn side goes from outside to inside to promote even wear should go a long way. Driving dynamics in the twisties aren't what they should be with current alignment specs but that's not my goal with the X1 so it's okay.

Have you heard of Colorado Mountain Rally? They offer some pretty cool tech and info for building older CR-V's and RAV4's for off road. Dare I say it kind of makes me want to pick up a first gen CR-V.

http://www.coloradomountainrally.com/

Hitchgate was one of the first recommended to me by a buddy, they're one of the more known companies to make these I believe. Probably great product but you pay a price to get the name as well. I'll have to do some digging but I had found an option that more or less sat the spare over the hatch glass. A custom built can accomplish it also, probably a bit more precise too. If you were local I'd say we should roll up together to try and get a discount haha.

Dammit man, chatting about this makes me want to spend money on the X1 again, bad influence!!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0