10-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #54
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Regardless of what it is called, a follow-up to the i8 that makes use of the investment into the platform and related tech seems like a no-brainer.
They have. The i division is formula 1 engineers anyway. The fe.18 formula e car was a collaboration.

The i8 with 4 cylinders and a bigger battery/ KERS is all it needs to be a 911.

The i8 runs out of battery at the HPDE level let alone a 'race' despite this being sadly a very unrealistic use of the car for anyone buying it.

The i8 is also, according to users in the forum, tuned like a M240i in terms of suspension. sporty and trackable but not M2 level.

I'd prefer to see KERS and 4 cylinder than a V8 or whatever people are begging for. Also a button to deploy the electric power rather than it being decided by the computer. Basically let's do a LMP1 you can buy. I don't need 600 hp I want 911 power and LMP1 tools.

My guess is that the iM8 is real and will have a WEC GTP car at Le Mans to match it. The timing is far to perfect and inline with BMWs vision of the i brand. They'd love a Le Mans win to cement the deal and a more exclusive i8 to vault the i8 up there with the M1.
Appreciate 0