View Single Post
      09-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #81
Robnaeyaert
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 e84

AVINUSA Android 10.25" Screen Question

Dear XBimmers

This is my first post and I've come here for sanity over my situation.
I recently purchased my e84 X1 and I had the AvinUSA 10.25" Android Screen installed. I LOVE IT - it rocks.
Also, I believe it does something that AVINUSA said it can't do - that is my new screen will play voice navigation instructions WHILE the car is set to TUNER. Yes, my Sygic navigation software I installed will interrupt my local radio station while the stereo is set to "TUNER" and play me turn / turn navigation instructions over the left speaker.
NOW - This is great but for the life of my I have no idea how this is working as AVINUSA said this cant be done. I thought I was losing my mind - was that navigation voice in my head or was I really hearing it? Well, others hear it too so I think I'm sane.
What is baffling me is how this is working. It only seems to work when I cycle the steering wheel controls through TUNER/AUX and then back to TUNER. The voice navigation still plays. Again, this is EXACTLY what I want to happen, I'm just perplexed as to how it happens and AVINUSA said that was impossible and stopped short of calling me a lunatic (not really but I felt insane).
Can anyone please educate me on this - have you experienced this and please tell me how and why this works?
Many thanks people - Rob
Appreciate 0