View Single Post
      03-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #61
Helmutx3
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 X3d

Lifting X3 like your X1

I read your various posts about your X1 project. It is great to piggyback on your research, and your posts have really helped me formulate what I want to do with my 2016 X3d.

I have been considering getting a new non-BMW vehicle that will permit me to simply drive on more dirt roads in forest service or BLM jurisdictions. I don't want to be a wild 4x4 enthusiast, but having recently rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee and Subaru Forrester on my last few driving trips, I think my X3 could be just as effective on modest offroad terrain if it was lifted by perhaps 1.5 to 2 inches, and had better tires. I am thinking "why give up my 30+MPG and all the comforts of my X3 to switch to a SUB, Jeep, or Forerunner?" . . . I think I want to do what you did!

Since I am not a DYI guy, but I live very close to you in Ventura, can you suggest a BMW independent shop or two which might help me with the Eibach mods, etc.? I want to do same rims as yours, and probably same tires as you (although maybe with my slightly bigger vehicle I can go to 255/55/R18's which opens up a bigger selection of Tires. I have a 2015 Sprinter 4x4 with General Tires that I like.

Anyway, your posts have really helped me decide on keeping my X3, and now I am looking for professional help on making the mods. Any suggestions about where to take the X3 is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0