07-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #22
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
In 2009, I went from making a very comfortable living, being married, two kids, a couple of cars and a nice house; to being unemployed, house in foreclosure, divorced and going to food pantry type places to get food to feed my kids.

I trusted the woman whom I was married to with the finances. HUGE mistake! I never found out where my money went, but X% was suppose to go into savings, while the rest was to go towards mortgage, bills, child care expenses etc. I made more than enough money to cover all the expenses and then some. I find out, while out of town on business, that I was flat broke. When I got home, 3 days later, I find that the wife had moved herself and my children out. I filed for divorce. Two weeks later, when I make the mortgage payment, I find out our home is in foreclosure, as the wife had not been making the mortgage payments. I sell the home, move into an apartment, then 2 months later the company I worked for, changes hands and they let everyone go above manager level. Within a 3 month time frame, I go from being employed, married with kids, the home, etc. to being so poor I can't afford to feed my kids.

In the meantime, the ex-wife gets food stamps, government assistance, works for cash for her brother, files for unemployment, is awarded $600/month child support, lives in her aunts home for free - without having to pay any utilities, plus due to working at her brother's car lot, drives whatever car she wants home, thus not having to pay for gas, car payment or insurance. I didn't have two nickels to rub together and had done nothing but work my ass for years. I was pissed, so I did something about it....

For the next 10 years, I work my ass off doing everything I can to make money. Now I live in a nice home that is paid for, have a great job for the area that I live in, drive a decent car and my bills are paid each month with enough left over to save and some to play with. By no means am I rich or loaded, but I am comfortable. She has since been fired from her job at the car lot, therefor no longer has a free car, no more government assistance, no more food stamps, no more child support from me and is completely falling apart. Although she ruined me financially for close to 15 years, I still hate to see this happen. One could say that this is karma. If I were a lesser man I would take delight in watching her suffer as she put me through absolute hell for many years; but i would much rather see her take control and do something about it. I don't expect this to ever be the case. The lesson here is that free rides don't last long. Those that take advantage of the system and use their children as a means of financial support will eventually get what is coming to them. Hard work and perseverance eventually pays off.
What the hell brother? So she just woke up one day and decided she wasn't in love? Sounds like a piece of work. Swindling money. Jeopardising the well-being of children.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00