View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
interceptor428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 x1 28i/2015 428 m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlbuckeye View Post
Has anyone else experienced this? After my car sits overnight or longer when it’s started I get a huge plume of white smoke from the exhaust pipe. If I drive it I don’t notice any and if I’m in and out of the car throughout the day I don’t notice it. Only when it sits for a while.

I took the car in for an oil change and I had them pull the codes. It needs the scheduled brake fluid service which was ridiculously priced so I’ll have the local BMW service place do that one. I also thermostat faults so they replaced the thermostat and topped off the coolant. The DME programming needed to be updated so I paid for that. Since that event no other engine lights have gone off and I’ve driven several thousand miles. The dealership wanted $412 to replace spark plugs so I’ll have the local service company do that one too!

Back to the smoking? What are your thoughts and experiences?
See if there's a recall on your oil feed tube to the turbo. Apparently oil leaks past the turbo seals after you turn the car off and then you get a plume of smoke on startup after the car sits for a while. The new oil feed line has a check valve in it now.
Appreciate 0