View Single Post
      05-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #28
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Damn you need a lot more than me. I'd be just fine with about $2M. At 5% make a nice $100k "salary" not having to work. Not even sure I would move, fix a few things on the house and spend my time traveling around.

$40M I think is drive you crazy money. Even if I said I was going to buy an insane house just to blow money I couldn't see spending more than $2 million maybe? Of course if I did that I would need another $100k just to pay the taxes. That's where shit spirals out of control and then you're broke on your $40M. Taxes on the mansion, housekeeper to clean the 10 bedrooms, landscaping, gas and maintenance on the exotic cars, docking, fuel, crew etc for your yacht, membership fees to the country club and the list goes on and on.
Two things, the OP said "when does money not matter", you're talking stress relief, I'm talking when you stop looking at price tags on consumer goods (yeah like towels or whatever).

And secondly, i could about buy Florida, as in the entire state, for what it takes to buy a comfortable property in Sydney. It's another planet.
Appreciate 0