Thread: Bermuda
View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #5
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

The post above pretty much says it all. Stick with the buses. Bus stops have poles that are either pink or blue. Pink means the bus is heading into Hamilton , blue means it's heading away from Hamilton.

On my first trip I stayed at Grotto Bay Beach. It was decent at the time, but that was 25 years ago. Second trip was maybe 10 years ago. We stayed at the Hamilton Princess, which is quite nice. We went back to Grotto Bay to hang out for a day. If you like snorkeling, Grotto Bay is cool because they have a sunken ship hull and caves (Grottos) where you can snorkel (at least you could 10 years ago).

Food was ok. We found decent, but not great Italian and Indian. Fish was good, of course. And some of the higher end places had decent steaks.

It's pretty warm and humid from May into October. Perfect beach weather. Our second trip was in late March/early April. The weather was perfect for sightseeing (mid-70's), but a bit cool for swimming.

Check the timing of your trip. They do have a rainy season, if I recall, and there's always a risk during hurricane season.

Here's a shot I took of the caves at Grotto Bay.
Attached Images

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
eluded2959.00
upstatedoc7555.50