View Single Post
      05-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #35
Mattx98
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Appreciate everyone ripping into me without knowing me or my side of the story. Let me be clear I NEVER once asked for my money back or to make a return to the seller. I have only asked for information Bimmertech requested to prove this was a valid purchase. ​All information Obert and his so-called installer have provided ​don't even register in Bimmertech's system. They have ZERO records of a Carplay MMI being sold to him or the installer. I’m starting to believe this thing fell off the back of a truck and made it on to these forums.

For everyone saying it’s my fault for waiting 6 months (Purchased on 12/28/2018) to install it you are right and that’s why I didn’t push back on the seller for money back or any type of return for that matter.

I live in Minnesota where the temperature in the winter can range from 0 to -60 in the winter. Winter lasted until early May this year. If that wasn’t enough I broke my arm in 3 places and after two surgeries I don’t have full feeling in my hand and arm. I own up to not installing it for 6 months because I really couldn’t do it myself in the freezing cold.

Bimmertech has been great to work with and offered to do an RMA for the CarPlay MMI. I was told by them they would need one of three things to proceed. An order number, last 7 of the VIN or email address that was used to purchase the device.

​First, the seller said he purchased the Carplay MMI from Bimmertech last October 2018 which is not checking out because he can't provide an invoice or any proof it was even purchased. I provided the VIN and email address ​the seller and installer provided and Bimmertech can't find any information even related to their names in the system. Even the install video he keeps saying is for his car says in huge letters that it's for an F32 and not his F30.

​Since the seller posted on the forums he had installed the Carplay MMI in October 2018 it was clear to me after speaking with Bimmertech support that this item is still under warranty replacement. I ​decided it would be best to work with Bimmertech to get an RMA​ as working with the seller was useless.​

Now, this is where things get really strange. I figured this would be the easiest part as there should be some record of buying this ​Carplay MMI from the seller. Nope. It’s been nearly 15 days of asking for this information ​that Bimmertech can actually verify and it’s the same run-around​.

After seeing this forum post I have to say I have ​ZERO desire ​or respect ​to work with the seller anymore. ​From the get-go, all he was worried about being asked for his money back, which I NEVER did. I assured him numerous times that I did not want to return the device to him nor did I want a refund. I will ​gladly ​take the hit of $350 and call this CarPlay situation a total loss and lesson learned on my end.

​My experience working with Obert started off actually quite pleasant but it quickly turned into texts ​like "I'm not sure what other options we have? I don't have $350 just sitting around to give back to you." I'll repeat again, I NEVER ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK. Not sure what options we have? HOW ABOUT BEING HONEST ABOUT HOW YOU PURCHASED IT.

​A special thanks to all you low lives who quickly jumped to the conclusion that I was trying to rip off a forum member.​ Hopefully, this provides some more insight.

Have a great day!
Appreciate 1
P111563.00