03-25-2019, 01:23 AM   #8
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nny528i View Post
I'm having the same issues. 2015 35i m-sport with 18k miles, Dealer flash and no change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nny528i View Post
The problem is not a stumble on startup. The car just runs poorly for first 30sec. If you try to drive away too quick it chokes and coughs like an old carb setup in the cold. It will even occasionally stall. Only happens in the cold.
I had the same issue in the cold. Start the vehicle and runned poorly. If I put it in Reverse right away it was worse as required more effort from the engine. The issue was there the first 30-40 seconds. However, once started to drive it was ok, so not sure if we have the exactly same issue, but I think it is.
Anyway,
Went to the dealership several times for the problem. Nothing found.
After several similar complaints form other clients my mechanic found the problem: the gasoline.
I always buy the 91 Shell.
He suggested the higher 94 octane from other providers like PetroCanada and Esso (Shell doesn’t have it).
He was right. As soon as I put 94 the issue was gone. All the customers that complained with this problem -including M vehicles- solved the issue with a higher octane. All of them complained about the same behaviour in cold.

Hope it helps!
Appreciate 0