02-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #46
AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesonmcmaster View Post
This is all great, I've been looking into this as well. I just bought a 2015 x1 without iDrive. This might be a dumb question, but if you don't have iDrive you can't install actual iDrive and all its functionality, right?

So the system you bought came with the screen, backup camera and iDrive console controller? Was it fairly easy to install? Do you recommend doing it?

Thanks!
Hey man,

Yah, I basically bought just about every optional item along with the screen. There are still a few bugs, which I have mentioned in earlier posts and that I'm sure you can find mentioned on other forums. However, I am happy with the purchase and would do it again. My 2015 X1 also didn't have any of these options and came with the "upgraded" sound system and professional radio (piece of shit radio where bluetooth audio doesn't connect).

As mentioned earlier make sure you go with the hardwired backup camera, the wireless option didn't work too well when I attempted the install and running the cable for the hardwired version was pretty easy.

The install took me two days at about 4 hours per day, so if you have a whole day to burn you can knock it out in that time frame. If you get stuck, feel free to message here or send me a private message. If you are REALLY STUCK I can always help over the phone or text, since AVIN Support is pretty damn horrible!

Good Luck!

Wes
Appreciate 0