AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer420 View Post
Hi AK:

I got a similar install done in my 2014 X1 and replaced the storage compartment with PX6 Android 8.1 Version 6 Core with 2GB RAM /32GB Storage. Also installed a back up camera. Also installed CarPlay dongle. I am connected to the head units BT and when I attach the cable to the car play dongle , SIRI is not taking any voice commands. Also making calls while using Car Play, I can hear the other person but no one can hear my voice. Also I hear a static sound when someone calls me. Also Music starts and pauses from Iphone? Did you encounter any of these issues? TIA
Hey Beemer,

Sooooo I had this same exact issue myself and came up with an imperfect solution. If I had bluetooth connected to the Avin unit and the CarPlay adapter connected, it would ALWAYS have audio issues for me. I'm not sure if they have a fix for this and their customer support is absolutely horrible. My solution was to disconnect bluetooth from the Avin unit and just take bluetooth calls over the BMW stock system. Let me know if you come up with a better solution.... It would definitely be nice to have SIRI controls working properly! Maybe we need to get an external mic???

Sorry I can't help too much on this one!

Wes
Appreciate 0