View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #37
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It can all be directly attributed to, "The Participation Award".
+1 I'll agree with this as well. Case in point, in my position there are no set guidelines as to my responsibilities. This works great for the company I work for as they can throw pretty much anything at me; to which I don't mind. It broadens my abilities and I learn a lot by this being the case, however; many of the tasks that I am given have already been asked of others that failed to complete but after I finish said tasks it seems there is no form of reprimand to those who fail yet they receive accolades for "doing such a good job." Sickens me to see others fail but get congratulated on my efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So the problem with humanity is Pride - it all stems back to that, and has since we climbed out of the swamp. This generation isn't any different, just more enabled in their exercise of Pride - social media, money, time, etc.

And antibiotics...
In the words of Marsellus Wallace, "Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Yes beating children is the answer! A black eye and red rear end outta teach em. We would all be better off if our parents and caretakers physically assaulted us.
Who said anything about beating children??? A fear of consequences is definitely healthy thing to have as a child. I'm not asking anyone's child to live in fear of their parent but there needs to be some form of recourse to negative behavior or unacceptable actions. Rather than teaching our children by discipline perhaps we should use your strategery of sarcasm, that would be sooo much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Nobody has proposed "beating" your children or giving them a black eye. But nice try on the inflammatory tactics.

We would be better off if there was physical discipline at an early age. Doesn't work after a certain age IMO though, then there needs to be a switch in tactics to recognize they have matured.
Very much this!! The trick is giving them black eyes at an early age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zing View Post
What an ignorant, asinine comment!

I said "spank". I'm at a complete loss how a reasonable, rational person could infer "beat" and "black eye" from my post.

Serves me right for opining, I guess. Not to worry though, I'll think long and hard before I do such a thing again.
Same. It took me a few to come up with a reply. I'm thinking this is exactly the mentality that this thread is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yep mt favorite movie probably. Every line is poetry.
Agreed, very well written and directed. One of my top 10.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50