02-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #35
RAFiK - BMWClubUAE
Drift Instructor @ BMW Club UAE
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
In a way or another everyone has a point here.

Let's start listing things in perspective...

1) QUANTITY:
In the old days, BMW did not produce such large quantities of any single model to the extent where you'd see it on the road almost 4 times a day. They had limited number of cars per each model, thus, just seeing an M on the road was a privilege!
Now however, almost every single 3,4,5 Series on the road has an M badge slammed on it. I can promise you that here (in Dubai) it will be a rare sight to see a normal 3/4/5 Series as a base model, without those M-Performance or M badges slammed on. Almost every single car being sold out of the showrooms holds an M badge, whether it was an M or not. This itself, makes the "M" badge less unique and available in large quantities even to people who don't appreciate or know where it came from and what is the history behind that singular letter "M"
The Z4M, Z3M, 1M Coupe are still cars that are unique till this day, simply because they are super rare.

2) VARIETY:
There are tons of new and different models coming up everyday. We've seen in the past 7-10 years (up to date) almost 6 brand new M models (M2, M4, M6 GC, M8, X3M, X4M). Don't get me wrong I'm sure each one is unique and special in it's own way, but it wouldn't makes me surprised if they come up with X1M... There are far too many M's at this point and each of them serve a purpose. Back in the day, an M car could serve any purpose you want. Take the E39 M5 for example, you can treat it as a daily highway cruiser, family car, track car, drag racer and possibly some other things as well. In today's world, my F10 M5 is such a whale on the track and feels so freakin' heavy to the point where I'd go (Nah man, I don't want to push it so hard). My previous E92 M3 was a perfect track tool, but a horrible daily cruiser. That perfect sweet balance is almost not achievable anymore. That's just my humble opinion.

3) VALUE:
Regardless of any point we've discussed, these M's (anyone of them) each have their own personality and own character. Driving each and every single one of them gives you a smile no matter where you drive it or where you CAN drive it. Be it on the track, on the road, off roading or on the drag strip. I don't think I will ever be bored of any M I drive no matter how powerful it is, how heavy it is or how old it is. They're just valuable to me...
Appreciate 1
xQx902.50