View Single Post
      05-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #94
njsdca
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
Speaking about the dealership you got the car from. BMW dealership is only responsible for fixing the recall, not notifying perspective buyers.

The Volvo dealership you got it from had a responsibility to tell you about the recall (most likely a legal responsibility, but you'd have to check). The fact that didn't they now have the burden of satisfying you (and possibly preventing legal action on your side). If you're not happy with the car this would likely be enough to get a full refund. Otherwise they can probably give you a discount (I.e. partial refund) or service the car free for some time - it all depends what would make you happy.

And for future reference I would always request notification of all fixed and outstanding recalls on a car when buying used (dealership or not). If nothing else this puts you in a stronger position for bargaining on the price.
I hear ya. I spoke with them and they were very kind, both the BMW and Volvo dealership asked me if I'd like a loaner car (BMW said they'll take me to enterprise and Volvo said they'll loan me one of their cars). It seems like both of them are more than willing to help me out. I am surprised that they're so willing to do it, especially because I bought a 2013 BMW X1 with 25k miles for $20k. I figured they would have told me to go to BMW...

Anyway, I appreciate the responses. I'll let ya know how the actual visit goes, if anything changes in their response.
Appreciate 0