View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #255
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
I don't disagree the times we get from folks are usually with them trying to peak things, that's why I take them with a grain of salt. You can criticize my launches or whatever I'm not trying to prove anything, just showing what happened when I went to the track with some friends. At least I'm trying things and posting stuff.

The thing I always hate about posting track times is people seem to think that time is supposed to represent something more than it does. I'm not the guy who only posts videos of his absolute best runs/times. I like showing what it did, probably not at it's best or me, but that's reality. There's people giving my friend flack because he ran a 12.7 in his M5 in that one run, like he committed a holy crime or something. Not all runs are good runs and if that's all you're ever shown or told about by someone their a bullshatter.

I'm not trying to criticize you at all - I'm super glad there is someone else besides me interested in getting some performance out of the X1. Just pointing out that with a couple of minor changes your car can be even faster at the strip!
Appreciate 0