View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Kool-Kat
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

My Review of the 2013 BMW X1, (35i/Photos)

So I ordered my X1 I believe somewhere in the beginning of August. I was actually looking for a car for about 5 months...I know..., but I'm very picky!
I was looking at the ML 350, Evoque, X3, and other random cars...during this search I discovered the X1...it offered more of a complete package which includes, (Sufficient Utility, Style, Speed, XDrive-Off road ability) may not be the best off roader, but I need something that can play well in the snow.

So I chose the X1, absolutely no regrets so far I love the car. Roomy enough for a guy like me who likes to lounge about while driving. Sporty enough that I won't lose control with my aggressive driving style. Fast enough to beat most cars on the road when my testosterone kicks in. Fancy/classy enough for me to feel like a champ wherever I go. Advanced enough to convenience me any way imaginable, (love Bluetooth, iPod integration, internal hard drive, and most of all real-time traffic...CUZ I HATE TRAFFIC and bad drivers), Which reminds me...Safe enough that I know I should be alright if I were to be in a serious collision. (the X1 sports many airbags) and for the whole friends and family thing...It's big enough to fit 4 comfortably. I took a trip to run Tough Mudder in Jersey with four adults traveling, one of which was 6'-9" and no complaints,...that's a "big" deal. Which finally gets to rugged enough to be considered an SUV. BTW 3 muddy folks in a brand new X1...unacceptable, but my friends wanted to ride in it, so I said what the heck, why not!

So I can't comment on reliability yet as I only have 900 miles. But I took my first long trip and I had no problems.

Pros and Cons!!!!!!

Pros: Visually impressive, Great design, Very advanced technology, (get the Tech pack if you can, worth it) fuel efficient. Fast, Handles well, Adequate room (for social/outdoor singles and couples or small early families)

Cons: Overall size and utility, (may be too small for larger families with older children, teens, and pets) Shocks, (even though it rides very well, it can be a little shocky over bumps and pot holes, but the ride is very comfortable for long road trips, as long as the roads stay paved and your not on the highway in Jersey.

Honestly: I believe this is a car for folks who are outdoor people, or young professionals that just want to have fun. Someone like me, I'm a single working guy, who's looking to settle down and maybe start a family and during that time I know I'll have a nice affordable car that I can take trips, ski, have fun, haul all my music equipment, and if the time comes throw a baby and a car seat in the back, maybe a little dog and call it a day.

In Conclusion, there's a lot of cool cars out there and it all depends on what you want. Some prefer other features which may or may not lead you to buy the X1, but if your looking for acceptable utility somehow formatted into car size, that offer some of the same benefits of an SUV but the agility and speed of a sports car, advanced technology, and efficiency of a midsize sedan... then this is your bet!

Now whats a Review without Pictures???
Check out these photos:
Attached Images

Last edited by Kool-Kat; 10-26-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0