View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 12:31 PM   #25
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasheat View Post
BMW has been screwing people with this plastic garbage timing chain guide for years.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...aker-1.2869493

This is potentially dangerous, if the failure Occurs on the freeway and you can’t get to a safe lane, you potentially can cause a major accident. I’m gong to join in the class action lawsuit in the US because I’m already a victim of this shitty design. Anyone who knows about the timing chain guide prior to purchase and still purchases is a victim of their own decision.

Vegas, how are you a victim? Has yours broken already? No? then you aren't a victim. Secondly, your sig says your car is a 2015. The warranty extension is for cars made earlier. Also, in march of 2014 BMW changed designs, so you already have the updated one. And you have the n20, right?

Also, timing chains are things that get replaced in cars. Usually around 100k miles. Doesn't your car have over that? Shouldn't you consider replacing the timing chain?

Yes it's expensive, but you bought a BMW. Did you not look into repair costs before you purchased it?
Appreciate 0