View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #53
Icecreamfoo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
X3MC - for an SAV wow! Not much more I can say about this that I haven't already. Again though, I don't need a sporty SUV and of course the M3 CS is going to handle better, but this is a different car for a different purpose. However, if I ever did need a sporty fast SAV, this would be it.
Very good write up, jmg, enjoyed it. Couldn't believe someone wrecked the M2C, glad that I was able to try it out when I went to the South Bay event back on the 14th! I'm signed up for another round of the tour at another dealer in July, guess it'll be the original M2 then

Did you notice any turbo lag on the X3MC? I always drive with paddles and kept the RPM in the meaty range for the entire duration of my drive, forgot to observe how the boost built at the very low end

And I wonder if you and anyone else encountered this: all of the M cars I got into had almost all of the drive settings in Efficiency and Comfort, particularly with the throttle, M2C, X3MC, and the M850, and this was after multiple people have just taken the cars out before me. Makes me wonder how the hell were they thinking about these M cars' responses on their drives.... I brought it up with some of the guys and ladies arranging us drivers, none of them know a thing about this - they are not actual BMW employees but contracted 3rd party marketing firm people... To think this could have made a difference in swaying some people's buying decisions, maybe? Curious if this happened to any of the SoCal event attendees