View Single Post
      12-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #117
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Yep, my wife was amazed by the amount we were able to load into the X1 and it's way easier to deal with than a trunk. Keep in mind she is already used to what we can put in our Honda Pilot!

She was skeptical about getting a BMW versus something like a Mazda/Honda/Toyota, but is now completely sold. So much so that she has suggested that we need to get our daughter to look at BMW CPOs when she graduates college this coming year.
I have to agree with you both. This is one of the major reasons I am "obsessed" with the X1. We've shopped other similar vehicles (RDX, CX5) and I just kept coming back to the X1. If I wanted just an hatch, I would have gone for Jetta Wagon or CX-5 but I can't get over how handy it will be come the days I need it for storage. It is not exactly the biggest trunk but I think the trunk space might be roomier than say X6 for instance.

I know some owners are of the opinion that it's not the most luxurious in the X -line of BMWs but I couldn't just stand the cheaper plastics and pleather materials used in the CX-5 or RDX for instance. Perhaps it's bias of me since I have my last 2 cars are VWs. I have come to expect some level of luxury (even if it is the cheapest one). The feel of the X1 (despite some claims of cheapness) is still miles better than similar Asian imports.

The other thought on my mind is since it's end of year, may be I should try to push the CAs harder on price to see if that tempts us even harder to make the final jump.
Appreciate 0