Thread: 2019 Yankees
View Single Post
      09-08-2019, 01:16 AM   #146
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

My friend is a Redsox fan and I'm a Yankee fan. We had a typical rivalry debate in all fun. I couldn't believe that he said Gary Sanchez is overrated, and that Vazquez has a higher BA. I said yes, Sanchez had a bad 2018 season. I told him Vazquez also played more games, and has more AB than Sanchez. He said what does that mean? Ahhh, your BA is based on AB. You have more opportunities at the plate. It could go either way. He said I don't want to insult you, but your math is way off. He also said that Fenway has more sellouts than Yankee stadium. I said Fenway is a smaller stadium, and easier to fill. Yankee stadium has about 12,000 more seats. Average Yankee game attendance is higher than Fenway. No it's not a Stadium sellout, but it draws more than Fenway. This is the same guy who won't go to the stadium with me. However, he'll drive several hours to Fenway. He also says that leasing is cheaper than buying. He once leased a car, parked it, and didn't drive it for two months, until his lease was up on his current car. He said he goes to the dealership and tells them what he wants to pay monthly. I asked him what's the money factor, and does he negotiate the MSRP? He said it doesn't matter, because I always get a good monthly payment, and I always get a good deal. He also said that leasing is cheaper than buying. But my math is off. Hmmm ..
Appreciate 0