View Single Post
      07-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #32
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Saffa View Post
Yup. I have been to this event and a day in Palm Desert (Thermal). A bit too Micky Mouse for the price, so did not sign up this year. Was still worth it when it was in the $200+ range, but not at this price. Still might be fun for someone who has not done track days, but if you do track a handful of times a year, this will be like cooking a juicy steak, plating it and then just looking at it.
I like the steak comparison. It definitely lost its luster from my pretrack days to now having tracked quite a bit. All in all even though not as good as previous years was still enjoyable. Definitely better than working on a Friday afternoon

Last year I got invited by my local dealership, this year had to pay. 500.00 does feel too much for what you get too. I actually wouldn’t have gone but a buddy wanted me to go with him. Was also hoping the M5 comp would have been on the full laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Not sure if it’s a “joke” but it has absolutely no place being on COTA. Should be M2s, M3s and M4s, all equipped with M Performance goodies.
I still think the M5 comp could work well at cota. The base yeah definitely would need to give it some attention first. The M2 is definitely fun out there (at least I can vouch that a nicely modded OG M2 is). E92 M3 is also a blast there as well. Maybe not the fastest around the track but sure are extremely fun to run around cota in.

SanchoDivine it looks like you did the full day that had an M5 comp? If so can you please share your thoughts?
Appreciate 0