View Single Post
      09-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #47
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Unit View Post
The toe was as close to zero as they could get it. My e36 m3 had zero toe with -3 degrees camber and that setup ate the rear tires like no tomorrow too. I'm not sure why it happened to me when I keep reading online otherwise...
It may have just ate rear tires because it's a pretty powerful RWD car. Our 135i gets about 7k per set of rear tires (-2.5 in the rear, 3/16th total toe), and that's with my wife driving. Even wear.

Describe the tire wear? If it's even, albeit rapid, there's not likely an alignment issue, the tires just wear quickly. If you have a toe issue, you'll see excessive wear on the inside shoulder.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...or-your-E36-M3

Anyway, BMW's factory specs tends to include a lot of rear toe-in for stability (read: liability) reasons. The factory alignment tends to eat the insides of rears pretty quickly...perhaps that was your issue.

Edit: you just said you ran zero toe. In the rear of an M3? That would be odd...and would have left you with a very lively rear end.

In any event, you'll have zero issues bringing the car into factory specs after the H&Rs. In fact, mine was just about still within specs after installing (and driving a few k miles).

Yeah, the MSport dampers are nothing special. I'd certainly recommend doing it right the first time, either to save on your install costs, or save your time on having to pull it all back apart after realizing you need the dampeners.

Oh, and trim the front "internal" bump stops a bit if you do get the Billies.

Do a search on here...I made a few posts.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0