View Single Post
      03-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
spoolinX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

My first thought it that I am very impressed with the quality and construction. The have a very OEM-like feel to them. Good weight. A lot of the parts of metal. The plastic used seems to match OEM quality. There is an integrated condensation vent tube in the corner of each headlight. The wires and harnesses seem to be of good quality. The light sockets and clips seem durable. The brand that arrived is "Depo." I've heard of this brand being installed on other BMW applications with mostly favorable results.

To view the complete album of the unpackaging and close up photos of the uninstalled lights, click
View post on imgur.com

Negatives so far:
  1. I noticed under close inspection that the eyebrow inside the housing doesn't have a silverish tint like my OEM halogen headlight has. It is basically just plain white plastic. For me, I don't mind very much at all, because I planned on putting a strip of tint over the eyebrow anyway.
  2. The listing for the headlights indicates that it comes with the high beam bulbs. (H7 / 55W) There were no bulbs included. Even though my stock halogen headlights use the exact same high beam bulb and I can easily swap them over, I plan to dispute this in attempt to receive a small credit. Probably wouldn't have been good quality bulbs anyway, but at this price, it's only fair that they provide exactly what they are offering. Will keep you posted.

Two things that I am shocked (pleased) about:
  1. They use the motorized headlight leveling system from your OEM housings. (The levelers are not supplied, but if you look at the instructions in my photo album, it shows you how to install the ones from your original housings.)
  2. They constructed the recess in the underside of the housing so that you can bolt (what I believe would be) the BMW OEM ballast to the underside, just like the OEM Xenon housings. I was not expecting that at all. You can see this area in one of my photos in the album. It is a square recess with a triangular bolt pattern. I am not able to confirm 100%, but I truly believe that's what the recess is for.

Last edited by spoolinX1; 03-31-2015 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0