View Single Post
      12-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #39
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
I need to pick up some camber plates for the front. Not sure if it's just my setup but the shop wasn't content with the front camber they were able to get, it was even a tad positive IIRC. So, be aware of this!

I agree, larger tires look much more proportionally correct on the E84 platform!

The All Terrains don't grip for squat so that's definitely my weak point. Otherwise I'd guess the thicker tires + lift would create a bit of additional roll, especially if the newer tires are on the stickier side.
Definitely noted. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ are quite grippy so I may have to look into other stiffening options to avoid too much body roll.

Which camber plates are you adding? I may go with the Turner adjustables otherwise the Dinan's but they're not adjustable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Honestly, I really considered one. I think one that has the same angle as the rear window would be awesome. These subies below look damn sweet to me. I see the XV Crosstrek as the Japanese step-sister to the X1, but they're able to take slightly larger tires. Ultimately the full sized spare fits perfectly in the rear hatch area. I then use my tie downs and ratchet it into place. Thought I had a pic of this but don't.

I think I may end up going this route if it can be angled parallel to the hatch glass. They said they can but I've emailed them to see what they can do for lift options too. They seem willing to build just about anything lol. I'll let you know what they say.

I agree, the Crosstrek XV is definitely the Japanese cousin. I used to own a first gen CR-V and noticed many people nowadays are cutting up the fenderwells a lot to get the lift and tires they want.

Only a matter of time before the X1 is next. The oil cooler in the passenger wheel well is my only concern because the bracket and oil plumbing doesnt move much.

edit - this one looks the best for my intended purposes but its definitely the priciest lol.

https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate/

Last edited by DUI Elite; 12-22-2016 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 1