05-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #81
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
This just kills me: http://komonews.com/news/nation-worl...ange-parenting

Utah moving to legalize "free range parenting." IOW, parents being able to decide if their kids can be alone. Parents being jailed, fined, or having their kids taken away for allowing them to walk to school on their own, go to the park on their own, or be home alone, is just nuts.

Go Utah. Great that they are doing this, but what a shame that our society has come to a place where they have to make a law for this sh*t.
I can't believe that this is where we are as a society but at least something is done to get back our rights as parents. It's sad that we even have to fight....for our rights.....to parent. (sorry had to)

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
The audacity of these parents!! What nerves and cold heart.

"A judge sides with parents and rules their 30-year-old son must move out"

He claimed that for the past eight years he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement,"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/ju...rnd/index.html
I'm with you....how very dare they do such a thing. I'm guessing this guy is just swimming in so much ass there isn't time for much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Even though technically I'm classed in the new generation kind of but I don't really act like the majority does. I think it all comes down to Common Sense. I feel like that has changed since I grew up. I came to the states when I was very young and my parents taught me how to act in public, work hard for what you want, respect your elders,etc... But now a days it seems like parents are too busy to actually "parent" their children. Society has made it a norm for both parents to be working in order to support a family.
I can agree with this but also I believe that common sense comes from being taught how to take initiative and what is considered socially acceptable, both stems from active parenting. I do agree that market rates increasing causing both parents to work as many hours as possible to make ends meet has caused part of this. Then again, there are also those who had great parents but the kid is responsible for his/her (or one of the other 63 genders) actions at some point. You can't blame your parents for your actions when you become an adult....at whatever age that is now. I know people in their 50's that act like 5 year olds....I work in a building full of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
When a child lacks a supporting family environment because both parents are working, this creates the lack of human values one parents tries to instill in their child.

Then again, I don't have kids. But I was raised by two awesome parents.
The fact that you are able to recognize this and praise your parents publicly say much of you and of them. This is the type of thing that brings a smile to my face. Never pass an opportunity to hug their neck and thank them.

Feel free to tell me to mind my own business but curious as to why no kids. Personal decision or what? Not trying to bring up issues or anything, just curious.
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5706.00