AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post
Hello all.

First Post here after reading and doing some searching on the Andoid install. I got the one from Ali Express, it doesn't let you piggy back the original stereo and doesn't need to use the aux output.

It is all OK, but I cannot get the unit to recognise the steering wheel. It seems all I've plugged in is the normal stereo harness, but don't know what I'd plug in for the steering wheel? My original stereo is still in the car with just the main harness removed, it has three different coloured cables still plugged in along with what looks like an aerial.

Further to this, could I just get a splitter of some sort to keep use of the CD player? I don't mind losing it, and could replace it with a cubby hole, but if I can keep it...

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
I am willing to help you out a little bit, but you need to post a link to what you bought and tell us what stereo you currently have in your car. Also, a couple pics would help a bit. The unit I installed utilizes an aux cable for audio, but I might be able to assist if you provide a little more information.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0